Black Crows FEROX FREEBIRD Skis
The Ferox Freebird was born out of the need to offer a double-rockered, powder-oriented touring ski that still has an efficient grip. The objective is therefore powder and the sensation of floating on natural snow, but the soul remains alpine to adapt to all conditions encountered in touring. With a twin-tip and a double rocker, it is a ski that offers a very good feeling in powder with its immediate lift and pivot, but which keeps a good base on hard snow thanks to its progressive sidecut. To optimize its weight (3600g in 181cm), the Ferox Freebird has been designed on a 3D H shape, hollow in the upper part of the ski that allows to lighten it without altering its solidity thanks to a carbon reinforcement following this 3D shape. The core has also been lightened with a blend of paulownia, poplar and, for the first time at Black Crows, isocore (polyurethane foam reinforced with continuous fiberglass).
Width & Radius:
- 110mm Wide
- 21m Radius
- Big float, 110mm at the waist
- Double rocker, immediate pivoting
- Medium classic camber underfoot with intermediate ski/snow contact for a perfect balance between stability and maneuverability.
- Straight sidecut: long radius of turn (21m), high speed stability
- Progressive flex, comfortable and forgiving.
- Construction: semi-cap and cap on tip for weight gain, feeling of lightness and maneuverability, ABS sidewall except on tip
- Core: Paulownia, Isocore, Poplar, Fiberglass
- Additional Material: 3D carbon construction H-shaped, Hollow in the middle to save weight, 2 strips of poplar under the bindings as reinforcement
- 3400g/pair @ 170
- 3500g/pair @ 176
- 3600g/pair @ 181
- 3800g/pair @ 186